Daniel M. Rathbun Partner
Daniel M. Rathbun has over 30 years of experience representing clients in real estate and title related litigation, business disputes, and estate challenges. Dan began his career representing owners and lenders in land use and condemnation cases. Subsequently, he expanded his practice to include construction disputes, mechanic’s lien litigation and representing insureds on behalf of title insurance underwriters. More recently, Dan also has represented lenders, servicing entities and trustees, in both state and federal courts, in litigation involving foreclosure challenges, and claims related to loan modification and forbearance agreements.
Over the course of his career, Dan has litigated hundreds of cases involving contract claims, lease disputes, mechanic’s lien claims, fraud, and forged document claims, easements and adverse possession claims, real estate title claims, mortgages and trusts, will and estate contests and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- J.D., Columbus School of Law of The Catholic University of America
- B.A., cum laude, Christendom College
- Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Member of the Fifth District Disciplinary Committee, 1999-2005
- Member of Virginia State Bar Real Property Section